Home of The French Marketplace

La joie c'est le partage
{ the joy is in the sharing }

Friday, January 30, 2009

Awards - Thank You!!

Good Morning! I got two awards - my very first awards ever and I am so excited and appreciative of them both. I apologize that I took so long to post these fabulous awards!

First, is the Fabulous Finds award given to me by Olive Rue. She is a photographer with a wonderful blog. Go visit her to see lots of beautiful photos, a fabulous corkboard that she made out of a vintage frame as well as lots of photos of beautiful rooms and decor. Oh!! and she's having a Valentines day giveaway! Go visit her right away!!

The award was created by Olive Rue and it is passed along to "all you insanely talented, dumpster-diving, curb-swiping, flea market finding, thrift store tiara wearing, self proclamied junk shop queens out there. How's that for a title???" ~Olive Rue


I am to pass it along to 8 others...so...this award is going to:


Savvy City Farmer


The Apothecary Shop


Decor To Adore


Kathy's Cottage


The Painted Garden


Whispering Pines Antiques


Reese and Marie


Grits and Glamour




I got another award from Reese and Marie!! She has a beautiful blog too that I love to visit often. She is doing some painting in her dining room and just got a great table from her dad. Chairs are being upholstered and will arrive soon. They sound fabulous! Go visit her, you will love it!! Thank you for my award!!
Here is the award and what it's about..."This Blog invests and believes the Proximity- nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming...these kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self- aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!" "What you have to do...Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

This award is passed along to:


Between Naps On the Porch


Kathleen Ellis


Olive Rue


Our Scented Cottage


Parisienne Farmgirl


Lynne's Gifts From the Heart


A Cottage To Me


Aunt Amelia's Attic

A great big thank you to Olive Rue and Reese & Marie. Both of you ladies have made my day and I thank you!!

xo,
Kathleen
****so sorry for the repeat of this post, I had to fix a link that was incorrect****

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there my sweet, Kathleen. Thank you very much for all the support you show and all the sweet comments you leave.

The little blurp you gave about me on your blog is too kind. Thank you! I love visiting your blog as well and I'm glad to have met you.

Congratulations on the award from Marie, and thank you for the passing it along to me. I hope you have a fabulous weekend! :-)

Kathleen Ellis said...

Thank you, Kathleen...how sweet of you! Love your blog and will check out these others you recommend!
Have a happy weekend!
;-D

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I hadn't seen this award before! How fun. Thank you very, very much. You are absolutely adorable.

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Neat-o Award! Thanks for thinking of me. Have a great weekend! ~barb

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

Thank you so much! I was so excited to see that I got an award..my first! Thank you!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Kathleen...Congrats on your awards!!! Thanks so much for passing along the Proximity Award. I am truly honored that you thought of me! :-) Susan

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Congratulations on your award and passing one on to me..how sweet of you. Thanks for the visit to the shop today.. I sure appreciated and enjoyed your visit. Have a super w/k.. hugs ~lynne~

savvycityfarmer said...

I am soooooooo honored and I LOVE the logo....I will save it and blog with it really soon....you are a dear and I am proud to be your new friend....

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hi, just came by to get my award!!!! Thank you so much, i just have to say how weird it is , we have such similar tastes!!!Hope you have a wonderful weekend, keep the ideas coming, talk soon!!!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Dear Kathleen,
Thank you so much for counting me, in this sweet {"exceedingly charming"} list. I will mull over my picks and post them.

Aunt Amelia
"Black are my steps on silver sod;
Thick blows my frosty breath abroad;
And tree and house, and hill and lake,
Are frosted like a wedding cake."
~ Robert Louis Stevenson, "Winter Time"

Whispering Pine Cottage said...

Congratulations on your awards,,,,, And thank you for passing the Olive Rue award along to me! I am not very good with this blog thing yet, but I really appreciate you thinking of me! Angie

Laura said...

Thank you for the award!!! I really appreciate it! I love your laundry room chandelier. I'm going to have to get busy and start beautifying my laundry area. After all, it deserves it for all the work it does for us. :)
Have a wonderful day!

Kathleen Grace said...

Congratulations on your awards Kathleen! These are wonderful, and how wonderful of you to pass them along:>) I feel honored to receive the fabulous finds award. I love Junkin:>) and I love your beautiful blog!

Kari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kari said...

Thank you so much for awarding me such a cute award! I love the logo. And I'm so flattered it is coming from someone with such great taste! I will be sure to post about it in my next post.

Thanks again,
Kari

The Painted Garden said...

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you for passing on the Fabulous Finds Award to me. I am honored that you thought of me. This is my first blog award and I have been so busy "repurposing" some of my fabulous finds that I just now had a few minutes to read my e-mails and visit your blog.

I will blog about it and show some of my "fabulous finds" on my blog this week.

Have a lovely week.
Hugs,
Erin