Home of The French Marketplace

La joie c'est le partage
{ the joy is in the sharing }

Friday, January 23, 2009

My New Table

I have been trying to find a new table for our family room for a while now. I knew in my mind exactly what I wanted - the shape, the style - the only thing I couldn't decide on was the color. Did I want it painted black or did I want a nice distressed wood? Hmmmm...it had been bugging me because I just figured that when I found "the one" it would jump out at me and I would know. Anyway, I couldn't find what I was looking for. After visiting the local flea markets, antique stores, Goodwill (to paint or distress my own) and finding nothing, I was starting to become a little discouraged. After putting the search on hold for a little while, I decided out of the blue yesterday morning to give Craigslist a try. I typed "coffee table" in the search box and look at what came up!!!
Oh my gosh...this was THE ONE!!! And the best part? Look at the colors - a mix of both black paint and distressed wood. The best of both worlds. I responded to the seller right away and here's the really cool part of it all...when she responded to my email, it turns out that she's someone I know but haven't seen in about 2 years! I met her about 3 or 4 years ago when I bought something else from her. It was so nice, that I bought some other things from her that she was selling on Ebay. Go figure! She paints beautiful furniture as well as many other things and she sews too! She is one talented lady and I was thrilled when I found out that she had done this table too.
So here it is, quite at home in it's new surrounings and I couldn't be happier - hubby loves it too - so that makes it even better!
Have a great day everyone!
xo,
Kathleen

9 comments:

savvycityfarmer said...

What a chic little way to start the weekend ...it's exactly how I feel about my pub table in our kitchen..


you done good, honey

savvycityfarmer said...

p.s. gotta keep our men happy, too

Anonymous said...

Oh that's beautiful. Don't forget to come sign up for my Valentine's Day giveaway. It starts today. :-) Hope you have a fabulous weekend.

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

Don't you just love a good find! I love it too. A friend of mine came upon one at the curb, similiar to yours only with an iron base. Good job!
P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day! Still figuring things out, lol.

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

very cool - you've just GOTTA have the perfect coffee table or else the whole room is off!

The Painted Garden said...

Hi Kathleen,

So glad that you found the perfect table for your home. It goes great with your lovely French style. Speaking of French style - have you visitied Sarah at Sadieolive.com? She has a blog with photos of her French inspried home and uses old grain sacks and vintage ticking. Her home was featured in Romantic Homes magazine and reminds me of your style.

Have fun with your great table.
Hugs and Blessings,
Erin

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

So happy for your find. And how nice that it also put you back in touch with a friend.

Aunt Amelia
"Whatever improves the lace and makes it more beautiful is right." ~ Sister Judith

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Great table! That's the best feeling when you find the exact thing you wanted...or it finds you!

vanilla143 said...

I just love when God directs my path to exactly what I didn't know I want!