Home of The French Marketplace

La joie c'est le partage
{ the joy is in the sharing }

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Story of a Garden Box

About a month ago, maybe two...I was wandering through a huge flea market looking for an old tool caddy.  I wanted to fill it with all kinds of autumn goodness and then give it a new home as a centerpiece for the dining room table.  Of course, we all know that when you are looking for something very specific, when you can see it in your minds eye...
chances are, you're not going to find it
But I have learned that that's okay.  Something even better always comes along!

You see...

...as I was looking for that very specific tool caddy, I ran right into this.
YES!!
This will do just fine.  Even better.  So it came home with me.
I cleaned it
I painted it
I loved it!
~
I wiped it with stain
I sanded it a bit
I loved it even more!

And here she is...filled to the brim with autumn goodness.
Looking even better than my mind's eye had imagined. 

She landed here on the coffee table while I was making a burlap runner for the dining room table.
Guess what?  Dear husband walked in and said " I love that box right there where it is.  Can we just leave it there?"
Of course!
Because even when we  think we have the best thought out plan, something different just might be better!

Have a wonderful day!
xo and God Bless,
Kathleen

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Kathleen~ a beautiful transformation indeed! Love the new color with the old peeking through! A great investment too. It can be used year `round!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

That is gorgeous, Kathleen...love the color...looks so perfect for fall! And I can already see it with evergreens...

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

That is BEA.U.TI.FUL! And I love that the Mr noticed and asked you to leave it right there. VERY cool!

Hugs,
Judy

Angi at drakestone primitives country cabin said...

just perfect and a great find..♥

Jacqui said...

It looks fabulous!!! Lovely colour

Patina said...

Love it!!